Common rejection avoidance strategies:
- Stay home every night and use the computer or watch TV
- Think this should be easy and give up.
- Dress in unflattering ways and avoid people
- Become a workaholic
- Avoid places or opportunities to meet people
SURVIVING IT — YES!
- Talk to a friend about it
- Talk to yourself about it and recognize it as a part of life
- Be especially kind to yourself and do something fun instead
- All of the above and give yourself credit for trying (cliché but works)
- Staying focused on your own positive opinion of yourself. Develop a new set of positive beliefs and say them to yourself
- Be prepared to ask several people out or meet several new people as potential friends before you get a positive response. Finding dates, partners, and friends is difficult business. (You will need to meet several people before there is a real connection with someone)